Friday, June 5, 2009

keep me in mind.


one thing that is a constant in my pretty little world - is my love and appreciation for music. up tonight will be one of my new favorites LITTLE JOY. was introduced to their music a few months ago, and luckily im not that far behind since this collaboration was recently born. i'm also excited, this will be my first time @ the troubadour! if you haven't heard of little joy, then you need to take a listen. forget the fact that it is fabrizio moretti's other band - and he didn't even take the opportunity to play lead here. this band is brilliant, melodic, happy and i am super excited to see them perform tonight.
quick bio on this band - fabrizio hooked up with rodrigo amarante and then binki shapiro. they spent their time musing over exactly what they could produce, while at a local bar in echo park -aptly named little joy... and the rest, well you know. i suppose i will mention that this band and some songs remind me of something, but even if endings arent happy the memories sure as hell can be.

"frankly dear i'm forced to give it up
tried my hand and now i've had enough
even though we have to say goodbye
keep me in mind…"

little joy – keep me in mind

No comments: