Monday, January 12, 2009

im back.


did you miss me? well, when you fall far away it usually takes something to pull you back. or in my world, something to inspire me. and today, i found just what i've been missing.....

rachael yamagata's new album - elephants... seeking teeth into heart. i have no excuse as to why its taken me three months to finally take a listen (let's use the excuse "i've been super busy") which is partially true and i have also just been distracted.

as i am sitting here listening to my soul being translated via ms. yamagata, i recognize a styling that is way too familiar to me. the track is "duet" and i wasn't even sure if there was going to be someone singing with her... and what do you know? none other than ray lamontagne is right there beside her. i knew it. i knew it reminded me of "can i stay" and i have heard this all before. well, my heart knew it.

this album reminds me of what it is to feel again. its been a long time coming but im happy to finally be back.



not to mention... how hot are her bangs and dark hair? i havent found my nerve yet to go to the dark side.. but she sure is inspiring. im just wondering about happenstance and life and love and finally i feel that things are heading in the right direction. i spin around a lot and get confused, but maybe what im truly missing is down the road.

No comments: