Monday, April 28, 2008

beautiful disaster.



oddly enough, i must say its been quite the whirlwind of events for me lately - dare i use the term trainwreck? only because, as i was laying my pretty little head down to sleep tonight, that was the image i couldnt get out of my mind. although it was a lovely wreck of sorts. i suppose that not all disasters are completely just that - and sometimes in the wreckage you find something else, a new creation. maybe its just the way my mind works. always looking for the beautiful, even in disasters. and i must say, when all around me [or should i say most everyone around me] is dealing with their own stressors, i was down for about 2.8 days and as always bounced right back. i realize that the last thing i wanted to do was start this blog, my own visual noise and just stop.


so im laying in bed, listening to kate nash and having fantasies about dancing on a piano in london. strange, since ive only ever danced on top of a piano once - and ive never been to london. fantasies on the other hand, that is something that happens quite often. i knew that i was in love with kate nash's voice, even before i just checked out her very recently updated my spy but to see that her second influence is now london - and she even is rocking klimt as one of her photos, just reaffirmed what i already knew. kate nash rocks.


and as always, my brain has jumped the track. what was the point? oh that i have been busy. i have been sad. i have been living life. i have been loving the hell out of everyone around me. and yes, i still have been playing guitar hero worse than a 3 year old (how sad they have got it in the bag...) but thats just it. im still here, still breathing, loving and if you give me some time and patience - i will make something out of this blog. the same way i typically make things out of my life. throughout all of the mini-disasters to fall in and out of my life, i still find the beauty. i suppose if you decide to only hold your breath for so long, you will end up with a bigger understanding and appreciation for all that you have. i just want your kiss boy................... sing it kate.

and the fact that she is totally channeling jenny lewis circa troop beverly hills is just a BONUS.

1 comment:

suzannemarques said...

yes! jenny lewis in troop beverly hills made me smile.

as did the entire post. love you sweetheart!!!