Wednesday, February 25, 2009

shame on me.

first of all, i am constantly behind on movies.... how its possible that i have had definitely, maybe sitting in my room and have neglected watching it this far- is beyond me. its quite possible, that when i purchased it, along came the idea of what it would be. one of those typical, romantic comedies, something i've seen before... really though. this movie hit the romantic in me, in a million ways. i laughed, i cried, i related. i would have to say it did everything that (almost all) movies should do.


second... how could i possibly forget about my crush on ryan reynolds? i have been smitten ever since the day, about ten years ago when i went to a taping of his show two guys, a girl and a pizza place. (still upset how they tempted the audience with actual pizza... but never shared). anyway, how i have let this fabulous grown up "man-boy" fly under the radar is beyond me.

back to this movie though... honestly, from the moment i heard otis redding, i knew that april was the one. this movie wasn't completely about finding out who maya's mother was... it was also about will figuring out who he ultimately was in love with... and what you let happen when you don't share that love exactly the way you think you are capable of.

and i knew that everything they had to say to each other is exactly something i feel in my own heart. not magnified over a span of twelve years or so as theirs was... but just the quote "its not who, but when" falls right into my own belief system. i suppose everything, everything in life falls prey to timing. and when its off its off, but when its right - its unbelievable.

"Here - I wanna marry you because you're the first person
I wanna look at when I wake up in the morning,
and the only one I wanna kiss goodnight.
Because the first time that I saw these hands,
I couldn't imagine not being able to hold them.
But mainly, when you love someone as much as I love you,
getting married is the only thing left to do.
So, will you, um, marry me?"

sigh.

1 comment:

suzannemarques said...

i need to see this film. everyone who sees it says it's surprisingly good. i need to figure out why. i need a lot of things. i need to see my costa very soon :)