Thursday, March 5, 2009

i need a distraction.

with health and family and life swirling around me, i am just trying to keep my #$*% together the best way possible. that is with extra cups of coffee, reading and music. so for curiosity sake i decided to find out when one of my favorite artists at the moment would be coming back to play. and i just got the best surprise this morning. greg laswell is opening up for rachael yamagata in april!! unbelievable. back to the whole everything happens for a reason philosophy... i am so excited. now my excitement will be placed on hold, because until i know that the most important man in my life is OK... i will not make any plans that have to do with my social life.



but i am a complete and utter optimist. i believe that happy endings do exist and even though every day we are closer to dying, i think that the ride is the most important part. so even if my dad is facing some scary stuff in the hospital right now, i have decided to focus on the present and what we can do to get him through to the future. (that and i am placing complete confidence in the staff at the hospital).

if i do make it to the city i cant seem to stop thinking about... to see two performers who have changed my soul, then i will know that today is definitely happening for a reason i understand. i wrote rachael yamagata a letter once explaining how her music got me through a break-up. and she said with a smile as pretty as mine, she didn't know how anyone could break up with me. her words helped to soften the blow because they were sweet and as charming as she is. now i think the idea of happiness, or even happenstance is going to help get me through this day.

2 comments: