Tuesday, March 17, 2009

getting lost.


one of my favorite places to get lost in lately, has been san diego. it truly is such a charming place. aside from the near head on collision i had with four cars, its been a very lovely place to visit. i hope the one-way streets will just become natural to me. in my head, im already planning for the weekend. turns out i will have some alone time on saturday morning, and i couldnt be more excited! the first word that came to mind was "art."

so of course i will be going to check out the museum of contemporary art san diego. ive been wanting to visit there for quite some time... and with the way everything in my life works out, there is no time like the present. i think i will check out the museum in la jolla and if time permits, maybe i will even end up at the one downtown. this sculpture is what initially caught my attention and it is from nancy rubins. i am so smitten with anything that is born from mixed media and keeps a kitch feel in the process. i cant wait to see this in person. and the funny thing, is im not even big on boats.



there are over 4000 works of art on the permanent collection here. i absolutely cannot wait. i am so excited to be in san diego in the first place, but my trip just got this much more exciting. not to mention, ive never seen one of my favorites - lichtenstein, in person.



let the countdown begin...

2 comments:

zkgraff said...

LACMA. We should go there.

suzannemarques said...

I love Lichtenstein! If I had all of the money in the world I would buy Crying Girl or some other dramatic outrageous image of his :)