Monday, March 23, 2009

very likely.

i knew that this voice had me captured from the first time i heard "little bit." throw in some remixes ive come across and im hooked. lykke li is only 23 years old and already she's lived a life way cooler than mine. her mom was a painter, her dad a musician... she was born in sweden, but has lived in portugal, india, nepal and new york. artistic opportunities aside, the travelling alone has me quite envious.

i know she has a bit of pop feel to her music, but im not a snob when it comes to appreciating music - i can dig just about any type, genre or style. if there is a beat in there that interest me thats all that matters. i look forward to hearing more from this girl... but so far i am not disappointed. i will tell you right now - someone is doing something right here. and i will give credit to ms. zachrisson herself, because with her style she is way above anything pop that is being put out there right now - although i would have to say that "pop" is tending to re-define itself... simply because there are just way too many trends out there right now not to do so.

one more reason to love her... she is featured on N.A.S.A.'s "gifted" (along with some of my other favorites - santigold & kanye) and she has already covered the kings of leon and a tribe called quest.

speaking of N.A.S.A. i am a little behind on my posts - caught them a few weeks ago at the casbah in san diego. they did not disappoint. although when you combine alcohol, friends and two 45 minute sets it is easily to get distracted. i have to say dj squeaky clean (aka sam spiegel) couldnt have been friendlier to us. hope to see those boys more in 2009.


thats about it for music today. back to greg laswell. i think he is just on my permanent playlist in my head.... but i will come full circle back to where i started here. i constantly have musical A.D.D.

"hands down
i'm too proud, for love
but with eyes shut
it's you i'm thinking of
but how we move from A to B
it can't be up to me
cause I don't know
eye to eye
thigh to thigh
i let go
i think i'm a little bit, little bit
A little bit in love with you
but only if you're a little bit
little bit, little bit
in lalalala love with me..."
lykke li - little bit

2 comments:

suzannemarques said...

yeah girl! that photo of you two together is the best.*

lykke li is one of my absolute faves. i can't get enough of her!

here's to many more nights and adventures!

i almost posted it on mine but look at the words on his shirt.. tee hee ;)

christina said...

oh my goodness... i think i was too busy looking at my hair to notice his shirt!

how about my bright yellow NASA shirt? i mean roberts shirt? mine by default of course..